Artisanal Media LLC is made up of different companies:
- 3x3, the Magazine of Contemporary Illustration,
- 3x3 Directory
- Creative Quarterly, The Journal of Art and Design
Our websites sell products, events, and services which are aimed at industry users. The websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
At Artisanal Media LLC companies, we respect your right to privacy and we understand that, as a visitor to our websites, you prefer to control your own personal information and preferences. For this reason, we may ask you to register on our websites or to provide personal information and preferences when you visit certain areas of our websites, enter a competition, download free products, order products, register for an event, request information, or subscribe to the our newsletter. We will guard personal information that you share with us, in order to ensure that the content, advertising and services that Artisanal Media LLC provides on our websites are always tailored to your current, designated preferences.
Personal Data Which We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect a variety of information about our customers and visitors to the Artisanal Media LLC’s websites. This personal data falls into these categories:
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name. When ordering our products or services on our websites, you may be asked to provide a credit card number.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details or PayPal account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics).
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive the Artisanal Media LLC companies’ emails;
- make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our online shop or competition website;
- order our products or services, free or paid;
- register for an event, free or paid;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the Artisanal Media LLC’s websites, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our websites, or when you click on one of our links.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, list services;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Identity and Contact Data from form/data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
How and When We Use Your Personal Data
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, when we carry out fraud screening as part of the check-out process.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
If you ever have any questions about this, all you have to do is ask. See How to Contact Artisanal Media LLC about privacy below.
Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them. This is what we call direct marketing.
We may carry out direct marketing by email, phone, or social media post.
On our websites, we always try hard to make it really clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, whether it’s you deciding to sign up to the Artisanal Media LLC companies’ mailing lists or as part of creating an account or the purchase journey – and you have a right at any time to change your mind and opt out. The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
Here’s some things we may do that may be specifically directed at you:
- promotional emails, for example call for entries, events or product sales;
- promotions by mail, such as call for entries;
Tracking Data, and in particular cookies, help us to deliver website and social advertising that we believe is most relevant to you and to potential new customers of Artisanal Media LLC companies.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific promotion, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our communication and control the number of times people might be shown our message. Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened a marketing email because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
As described above, we may use your Tracking Data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
If you want more information about Tracking Data, in particular cookies, see Cookies below.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third party online advertising networks. If you’d like to read about how you can control which adverts you see online, see Opt-Out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance (United States) http://optout.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. We do not control cookies which are set by advertising networks.
Cookies help Artisanal Media LLC companies’ websites—and anyone that operates online—work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being an Artisanal Media LLC customer easier—like it being easy to log in and move from page to page, and things staying in your cart while you go off and look at other pages.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use Artisanal Media LLC, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how our companies’ websites work.
There are also cookies that allow Artisanal Media LLC companies to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. When you use Artisanal Media LLC companies’ websites, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It's important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may share personal data with the following categories third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
- Artisanal Media LLC group companies;
- auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants; and
- government, regulators and law enforcement.
Artisanal Media LLC companies use third party payment processors Authorize.net and PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the companies’ websites. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors—Artisanal Media LLC never sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN).
Finally, we may also share your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our companies’ websites data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your Legal Rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed – that’s an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data;
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (see How to contact Artisanal Media LLC about privacy).
How to Contact Artisanal Media LLC About Privacy
Please Update Your Personal Data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can do this by updating your shopping account at shop.3x3.com or your entry account 3x3.secure-awards.com. Thank you.
Effective starting: May 25, 2018